- The Name of the association shall be "All India Game Fishing Association" abbreviated to "AIGFA".
- The objectives for which this Association is formed are, but not limited:
- To participate in and promote the sport of game fishing in India.
- To endeavour to formulate and propagate based on established ethical practices of sport fishing world over, such rules which are environmental and fish friendly.
- To endeavour to ensure that all members of this association follow these rules as determined herein, both in letter and spirit, maintain highest ethical standards and follow established practices at all time.
- To assist members to become proficient in protecting environment of the place where they fish, and in safe handling of fish.
- To assist members to become proficient in recognising protected species of game fishes in Indian waters and the method of safely releasing such species.
- To affiliate or work with IGFA (International Game Fishing Association), other NGOs and government bodies for the promotion of game fishing in India.
- To keep and maintain records of fish captures and share the database thus created, for any scientific consumption.
- To record & certify any exceptional catch, within the letter and spirit of AIGFA rules, by members or anyone else, fishing Indian Waters. These records shall be part of hall of fame for Anglers fishing Indian waters.
- To formulate and put in place, a comprehensive method for verifying authenticity of any catch for record registration.
- To promote and engage in environmental activities, protecting the water bodies and its flora and fauna, within India.
- To promote and engage in social interaction by organising and participating in competitions within our own association and with other clubs and associations.
- The membership shall be open to all persons, irrespective of their age or sex.
- The association shall consist of Patron members, Regular members, junior members & Honorary Members.
The patron members:
- Shall be founder members.
- Shall be member for life.
- Shall be six or more but shall never exceed twelve.
- Shall represent at least six states of India.
- Shall never be more than three from one state.
- Shall form the first executive committee.
- Anyone wanting to become a member shall make a written application on the prescribed application form, proposed by one member and seconded by other member. The applicant shall furnish all the required details on the prescribed application form of the association.
- Membership application shall be forwarded to the Secretary of the association, accompanied by requisite monies as set in the By-Laws.
- The Committee shall have the right to refuse application for membership and it shall not be required to give any reasons for doing so.
- The new member shall be provided with a signed/ printed copy of the Constitution and Bylaws of the Association.
- Every member shall have one vote except junior members and honorary member, who shall not have any voting rights, whatsoever. No member shall have a right to cast his vote through proxy.
- The President, on the recommendation of the Executive Committee, shall be empowered to grant Honorary Membership to a person or persons, for a period as determined by the Executive Committee, but not exceeding one year.
- Honorary Member shall not carry the right to vote and will not have any interest or share in the asset or property of the association.
- In case of any extraordinary service to the association by any member or honorary member, and on the unanimous recommendation of General Body, the President shall be empowered to make such member a Patron Member. All life members and shall be exempted from requisite monies.
- Any member may resign his membership by giving a written notice to the Secretary.
- The Executive Committee shall have a right to terminate any membership, except patron membership, in case the member has committed any act which brings discredit to the association, the sport of game fishing or any other member of club, after the member has had the opportunity to be heard by the committee. In case of any termination of the membership, the committee shall notify the member in writing.
- Any member who has been expelled by the committee shall have the right to appeal to Special General Meeting called for the purpose within 30 days. The decision of the General body, if called, shall be binding on the member.
4. CLASSIFICATION OF MEMBERS
- The Patron members shall be the founder member as defined in the section 3.3 of the constitution.
- An Honorary member shall be as per the section 3.8 and section 3.9.
- A Regular Member shall be sixteen years and above.
- A junior member shall be fifteen years or less.
- The managing committee shall be responsible for the entire management of the association.
- The first managing committee shall be of patron members and shall perform the responsibility for a period of two years.
- The managing committee shall always consist of;
- Vice President (Angling)
- Vice President (Environment)
- Regular Members not exceeding six and not less than four.
- The members of first committee not re- elected at the end of their tenure shall become advisory members to the elected committee and shall have the power to vote till such time as is the tenure of the second committee.
- All committees, except the first committee can be for a period of one year but shall never exceed two years and shall be elected during Annual General Body Meeting.
- The office bearer, as mentioned in clause 5.3.1, 5.3.2, 5.3.3, 5.3.4 and 5.3.5 shall always be from the patron members.
- The Executive committee shall have a right to form and disband subcommittee/s on national and regional level.
- The committee shall not transact any business unless or otherwise, the quorum of 5 committee members is in attendance.
- The president shall strive to attend and shall always chair all meetings. In case the president is not present, the vice president shall chair the meeting. In case both of them are absent, the quorum shall propose and elect a chairman amongst them and the member thus elected shall chair the meeting.
- The committee shall have right to fill any casual vacancy with a resolution but will not have the right to fill the post of president and treasurer. The post of President and Treasurer can only be filled by conveying an EGM and electing a new President or Treasurer.
- The Committee shall not have the right to amend the constitution but have the right to amend bylaws through resolution. Only a 2/3rd majority of members shall have the right to amend the constitution.
- If a president and/or treasurer resign or are not able to perform their duties due to any reasons whatsoever, the Vice president (Angling) shall take the charge of President and the Secretary shall take the charge of Treasurer, till such time that the EGM is called. The EGM shall be called as soon as possible within a period not exceeding 45 days.
- It will be binding on every elected committee to call for an AGM at the end of its tenure and present the balance sheet and minutes of the last AGM before the general body and hold the election. The committee will notify every member about the date of AGM, and circulate the balance sheet well in advance by sending the same to every member or posting it on the association website, if any.
- In case the committee abdicates its responsibility of holding AGM within a period of two months, exceeding its tenure, the committee shall automatically be dissolved and the advisory committee shall have a right to call an EGM to appoint an ad-hoc committee for the propose of looking after day to day business and to call for the AGM within a period of one month. The AGM thus called shall elect a new committee.
- The quorum for AGM and EGM shall be at least 2/3rd of the total membership.
- In case a committee calls for an AGM and the quorum does not attend it, the committee shall immediately fix another date for the Proposed AGM, after consultation with the entire member present. If second time also, the quorum is not present, the committee in consultation with the advisory committee, shall abolish the election and continue to perform for the next tenure also.
- All members shall have a right to raise any question/s, pertaining to the functioning of the Association, in any AGM; subject to they give in writing their question/s to the secretary, one week prior to the date of AGM. The committee shall have the obligation of including this question/s in the agenda of such AGM.
- A majority of members, as defined in the bylaws, can call for no confidence motion against the committee. The no confidence motion shall be signed by the simple majority of members and submitted to the Secretary. The committee shall have an obligation to call for an EGM within a period not exceeding one month, and in case, the general body decides, hold election within a period of next fifteen days to elect a new committee.
- It will be the privilege of the committee to determine entrance fees, annual subscription and levies, if any, from time to time.
- Members whose fees and/or levies or any other dues are three months in arrears shall cease to be a member of the Association and shall be notified accordingly. Special justifying circumstances may be left to the discretion of committee.
- Notwithstanding the clause 6.2, no member shall be allowed to cast his vote unless the member has cleared his all outstanding dues.
- A person, who ceases to be member of the association for reasons whatsoever, shall cease to have any right, title or interest in any asset of the association.
7. DUTIES OF OFFICE BEARERS
- The President shall give direction to the executives in all matters pertaining to the well being of the Association. He/ she shall be the senior most executive officer, subject to clause 5.6 of this constitution and shall chair all general, committee, annual or any other special meeting. He/ she shall have the right to vote in case of equality of voting, a casting vote, he or she must exercise.
- Vice precedents duties shall be to carry out administrative duties as directed by the President. They shall also maintain all the records of catches by members or otherwise. They shall also liaise with authorised government bodies and other partner associations and provide any data to such government bodies, required for research or study purposes.
- The Secretary shall be the principal administrative officer of the club, subject to the direction of the President, the Committee and advisory committee. His/ her duties shall be to call all meetings, keep the books of club in good order, to record accurately the Minutes of the Club, to conduct the correspondence of the club under the direction of President , committee and the Advisory Committee and record and keep copies of all correspondence, to produce to the President, on request any books or paper in his possession and give such information as may be required of him/ her, and to produce the books of club at the general meeting for inspection when requested by a member to do so, to record receipts of all subscriptions and to hand over to the Treasurer and to take a receipt thereof, to make annually for the President and committee a full report of the Association's activity and to maintain and keep any other record for the functioning of the Association.
- The Treasurer shall also be subjected to clause 5.6 of this constitution. His duties shall include receiving from the Secretary all monies and subscriptions paid to the association and to deposit them in such bank or banks as may be required within seven days of receipt, to keep proper books of accounts and enter therein all the transactions as authorised by the committee, to certify and submit accounts at each General and committee meeting, to obtain vouchers and receipts for every transaction and to prepare a balance sheet at the end of each financial year and after audit submit it to AGM of the club. Generally he will do such things as are necessary to control, administration and recording of the Association's financial transactions.
- The Committee shall appoint an Auditor who is not an officer of the Association or a person who has prepared or assisted in the preparation of the accounts.
- The Auditor shall report to the Club on the financial affairs of the Club prior to the Annual General Meeting of the Club and after obtaining all information from the treasurer, and due diligence will certify the accounts.
9. LEGAL ADVISOR
- The Committee shall appoint A Legal Advisor, who shall represent and advice the Executive Committee through President on legal matters of the Association.
- The club shall have a Seal which shall contain in legible print the name of the Association and the word "Seal".
- The Seal shall be affixed only with the authority of the committee and shall be witnessed by one signature of President and one signature by any other office bearer.
- This Association, at all times shall be a non profit organization as stipulated in Society Registration Act, 1860.
- No financial transaction shall take place without prior written approval of the executive committee except as agreed by the Executive Committee.
- For any bank dealing at least two signatures of office bearers, including President shall be mandatory.
- All monies, levies or donations, collected from members or otherwise shall be to meet the expenditure of the Association.
- In case any surplus amount is to be invested in any way, the investment shall be as allowed under Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- The financial year shall be from 1st April to 31st March of following year.
- The Assets and income of the All India game Fishing Association shall solely be applied for furtherance of its mentioned objectives and no portion shall be distributed directly or otherwise to any member of the Association except as a genuine compensation for services rendered or expenses incurred on behalf of the Association.
- All meeting can be conducted through Video Conferencing or net Conferencing. This is to facilitate every member to participate from his home town.
- Every meeting has to be informed to all members through a written communication or through posting on Association web site, if any.
13. LIABILITY OF MEMBER
- Members shall not be liable for debts and liabilities of the Association whatsoever.
Draft prepared by Ali H. Husaini.